About the Recipe
A basic bread recipe, using a blend of whole wheat flour and Saving Grains Good Flour. Makes a slightly dense loaf but full of flavour!
Saving Grains Good Atta - 500 gms
Instant Yeast - 10 gm
Butter - 50 gm
Sugar - 36 gm
Salt - 10 gm
Water - 210 gm
Egg wash - 1 egg + splash of milk
1. Mix the flours, yeast, sugar together, add in the water and form a dough.
2. Knead well and as the dough starts to form add salt.
3. Knead some more and add in the butter.
4. Let the dough rest for 2 hours / until doubled in size
5. Shape, and rest again in desired bread moulds or baking trays.
6. Preheat oven to 220 C
7. Once dough is doubled in size apply a light egg/milk wash and bake for 45 mins.