About the Recipe
This batter is best prepared and eaten fresh. However, refrigerate any leftover batter. You may need to add some milk to adjust the consistency if using later - start with 1 tablespoon/15ml.
Good Atta - 120g
Baking powder - 5g
Salted Butter - 30g
(Add a pinch of salt if using unsalted butter)
Milk - 200ml
Honey - 15g
Egg - 1 no.
1. In a bowl, mix the Good Atta and baking powder together. ( Add a pinch of salt in this step if using unsalted butter)
2. To a sauce-pot, add milk and butter. Heat until lukewarm and butter has melted. If the mixture gets too hot, let it cool down a little.
3. Whisk in the honey and egg to the lukewarm milk mixture.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined. A few small lumps are alright.
5. Heat a pan on medium-low flame. Grease lightly with butter.
6. Scoop a ladle of batter onto the hot pan. Cook the pancake until the edges start to dry and bubbles pop up on the surface - about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 1 minute on the other side.
7. Serve with honey and fresh fruit. Works great as a savoury pancake too!
Add-ins: Mix in your favourite fruit, or chocolate chunks to spruce things up a little!